Mystic Writer

Peeking out to see if there is a real world out there...

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Celestial emergence

I did not get the needed boost to my soul from my walk last night, as there was no beauty to walk in. Darkness congealed within 15 minutes of saying goodbye to my car and gray clouds turned to black. I was able to walk the first 5 miles without using my headlamp because the trail was suitably worn and I could sense the center with my feet.

The trail eventually exited woods after climbing a long slope and started sidehilling through a remnant of tallgrass prairie. At that point I had to put the headlamp on as gravity kept curving me off the path, and the gophers had left traps all over the trail.

I've concluded gophers are secretly carnivorous or are otherwise pursuing some hidden agenda that requires the disabling of large klutzy wayfarers, and so I walked in the tiny universe illuminated by my lamp. For the record it is better to curse the darkness AND to light a candle. I don't believe in binary propositions...

This morning the clouds had dissipated and I was treated to a bright moon crescent with Jupiter and Venus dripping below. Driving in beauty works as well and I am somewhat restored.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:48 AM, Blogger Nicky said…

    Ha ha! I like the bit about the gophers and the darkness and lighting a candle! You are very funny!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home