Mystic Writer

Peeking out to see if there is a real world out there...

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Moonshadow



The sky was November gray when I left my office for my hike last night. The gray crept inside as I drove, until I felt only depression at the upcoming walk.

I endured the 30 degree north wind on my bare flesh as I changed into nylon and fleece, then set out on the trail, poles clacking and hissing in the darkening twilight.

I walked gaze down for several miles, looking up only once to see three deer bound up what looked like a vertical valley wall. My soul brightened for a while but then faded back to gray.

A shadow formed, catching my attention, and I looked up to see a three quarter moon dancing in the clouds.

In time the sky cleared and all turned pearl, and I strode through a wonderland of silhouettes and ghostly ground.

I found the star of my desire, wrapped it in my soul, and made wishes and gave thanks for all that has happened to me.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:41 AM, Blogger Nicky said…

    "I found the star of my desire, wrapped it in my soul, and made wishes and gave thanks for all that has happened to me."

    I love this sentence it sounds so beautiful.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home