Mystic Writer

Peeking out to see if there is a real world out there...

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Walk in beauty

It has been three years since I last wrote here, and for the most part, it has been three years of pain. I've fought through and done the things I've needed to do, though the decisions have been hard and the temptation to veer strong. I'm not sure all my decisions were correctly made, but I did the best I could given my limitations and circumstances.

Today isn't really different than the days leading here in any notable way but one - I choose that it be different. In tiny increments, I've garnered strength, and today I choose to push forward and embrace a future that is my own, not the dreams of my parents, or society, or friends, but something uniquely mine.

Nothing else changes today but direction...

Nothing else is needed

4 Comments:

  • At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow. I do remember reading this blog in 2005 and wondered what happened to you. Welcome back to this corner of the cyberworld.

     
  • At 5:59 AM, Blogger mw said…

    Hi Colleen

    Thank you for remembering, and it makes me feel good to know you thought about me.

    I plan on telling the story of the last three years, though I have no idea how. A linear telling would be boring I think, and yet the moments worth telling are twined together so intricately it is going to be hard to tease out the threads and still present the whole.

    It's a challenge, and again, I *really* appreciate this comment. Thank you!

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger rashbre said…

    I also spotted the long gap in your posts; hence this brief 'welcome'. You write well and on more than one level.

     
  • At 7:21 PM, Blogger carmilevy said…

    Back from Tanya's...hope you're not sick of me yet!

    I wanted to wander through your archives a bit, and though it would make logical sense to drop in at this point in time. I, too, am so glad you've returned. You have a voice that needs to be heard.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home