Mystic Writer

Peeking out to see if there is a real world out there...

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Here's looking at you!



It's been a while since I've responded to comments on my posts. Frankly it is all I can do to even write the posts right now, but it is just simply wrong to not acknowledge all the generous and wonderful things that have been said.

Melody - there isn't a person more opposite from me in the entire world, but somehow we've formed a solid friendship. Thank you for the support and letting me be a guest blogger on your site. Of course my post seems to have tanked your blog for the day - something had to slow you down!

Nicky - your friendship, supportive comments, and excellent advice have helped me tremendously. Folks, if you like the photos on this blog, go see Nicky's pictures - she has an incredible eye for nature and art photography - absolutely wonderful work.

Minerva, I've had a bit of a time following your various incarnations but I think I can spot the writing style - you are unique! Your writing is poetic and pointed, and I've so appreciated your presence here.

Jay - I really liked your comment that souls were fragments of a larger single soul. There is a resonance to that thought and I will spend time on my walks thinking about the implications. A part of me believes that something so beautiful has to be true somewhere.

Lu - If I can ever stop orbiting my center and get back to occupying it, I plan on spending a lot more time visiting your site. I've really appreciated your comments and the fun things you've said. Thanks!

Pearl - thank you for taking the time to tell me your thinking. At the moment I'm opposed to any relationship that requires significant work, as your comment seems to imply, because the relationship I've just gotten out of was a more than full time job. I'm willing to work on my next one but I need to have something far more than just being in a relationship to motivate me. I do love the notion of exploring each other...

Leanne - Nature photographer and artist and almost my neighbor! Well, at least by blog standards. Thank you for your comments and stopping by...

kenju - you sound like you have a lot more to say on this subject, and I wish you would. Thanks for your comment!

Dani - Thank you for letting me know you are out there - I've been reading your blog and love what you have to say...

xtessa and Ally - Wow, I never expected anyone to actually offer some proof that my thoughts may be relevant... Thanks so much!

... I had thought to go right down the list and thank everyone but I don't think I'd realized how long it's been since I responded to comments. I think I'm going to need to focus more of my energy on that. I finally, finally, had a moment of centeredness yesterday so I'm hoping I will be able to communicate easily again sometime soon.

I want to end with this quote included in a comment from phoenix - this is so appropriate and parts of it are just beautiful. Thank you.

"Love therefore—the most beautiful phenomenon in the soul-filled creation, the omnipotent magnet in the spiritual world, the source of devotion and of the most sublime virtue—Love is only the reflection of this single original power, an attraction of the excellent, grounded upon an instantaneous exchange of the personality, a confusion of the beings.

When I hate, so take I something from myself; when I love, so become I so much the richer, by what I love. Forgiveness is the recovery of an alienated property - hatred of man a prolonged suicide; egoism the highest poverty of a created being."

--Friedrich von Schiller

3 Comments:

  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Minerva said…

    Mw - you are kind..This was such a lovely surprise - thank you..
    And I am so pleased that you feel more centred... Is that porcupine nearing the top of the tree?

    Minerva

     
  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger Rainypete said…

    Glad to hear that you're still plugging away.

    How's the house coming?

     
  • At 6:09 AM, Blogger mw said…

    Minerva,

    I think that porcupine is about to fly... Thanks for stopping by!

    Hi rainypete -

    Sorry I didn't thank you for your earlier comments - I do appreciate that you make them! It's funny about the house - I was able to do all the major furnishing and decorating with virtually no expense, but then came the cost of mops and cleaners and paper towels and all the sundry of supplying a new home. I'm broke again!

    But like the first time long ago, I'm enjoying this immensely.

    Thanks!
    mw

     

Post a Comment

<< Home