Mystic Writer

Peeking out to see if there is a real world out there...

Monday, April 18, 2005

Riffle



The rain washed sunlight pulls us forward along the newly greened path and the dark night of rain and hard rememberance is receding into the past. Our conversation moves forward and backward in time, pausing on the present to comment on the beauty of the chert outcroppings lining this stream cut valley and the sense of stillness counterpointed by the soft burbling of the stream.

I flirt with the white butterflies, at peace enough not to tell Corky and Henry their significance to me. They flit and flutter and play around me and then suddenly disappear as one, their small message delivered. I laugh to myself and then jump back into the moment.

Another miracle has happened this weekend. We have done the normal guy thing of drinking and eating too much, and we have insulted each other and wisecracked and laughed endlessly, but we have also shared our deepest stories - shared them without thought of protecting ourselves. The level of trust given and received seems boundless, and I feel so utterly rewarded by my friendship with these two.

What a special time! There isn't any reason to expect it won't happen again, and that in itself is a wonderful thing.

I have little fear of my future. Changes are in store but I know I have friends I can trust and rely on, and this peace I feel inside seems to grow a little every day.

How are the rest of you doing? Is anyone else finding miracles?

4 Comments:

  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Jay said…

    What lovely words.
    To tell the truth, I find it hard to go a day without finding miracles, and am always happy to hear that someone else is too.

     
  • At 6:08 PM, Blogger Ottawa Pocket Watches said…

    I also seem to find miracles everyday. Good example, rediscovering my friend Wayne/Steven after many years. I believe the devil walks the earth but there is also God all around us.

     
  • At 1:51 AM, Blogger Nicky said…

    Beautiful writing MW - that first paragraph is just lovely all by itself. Little miracles everyday: my son's smile, a little red tulip on the windowsill, sunlight streaming into the bedroom in the morning. There is so much to be thankful for!

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger mw said…

    Hi Jay - I am so glad you know what I mean. Life is full of miracles when you open yourself up to them.

    Hey Johnie - I am intimately familiar with that particular miracle. I'm glad you survived - it's a real bummer when you don't.

    Hi Soh - How cool that an old friend has re-entered your life. Congratulations! My personal belief is that the devil is destruction and god is found in creation, and I firmly believe you need to turn away from destruction and try to create beauty at all points of your life.

    Hi Ochema - Thank you so much. I'm glad you are familiar with the feelings I'm talking about. I love your blog but I can't read it unless I have a substantial amount of time to let 'things' subside after some of your posts. Being seen in profile is right out! You have a talent :)

    Hi Nicky - thank you for the complement and thank you for sharing your miracles. You are one of mine, and I always enjoy hearing from you!

    Thank you all for your comments.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home