Mystic Writer

Peeking out to see if there is a real world out there...

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Homeward bound



The journey continues. Today we crossed back over the Rocky Mountains to Denver and tomorrow we take a late flight home. In the morning we'll explore Roxborough State Park and then mournfully head for the airport.

I wouldn't go back if I could get away with it. The only thing I miss is TB, and if there is anything real there my not returning wouldn't affect it. My son has been immersed in the present place and moment and has talked very little about home or his mom, much to my relief.

I swore I wouldn't let thoughts of home color my journey but tonight they won't let me be.

I'll post some more pictures to cheer up this post and Thursday I'll try to recapture the joyous mood of our travels.

A study in stone

3 Comments:

  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said…

    The rock arch looks like the gateway to a mystical land.

     
  • At 12:56 AM, Blogger Iona said…

    Hey cool Blog! I stumbled upon it via HappyAndBlue. I love your pictures!
    Your Blog is somewhat similar to mine: I also like to illustrate my stories with nice pictures. Feel free to hop by any time! I know I will visit your Blog more often!

     
  • At 6:58 PM, Blogger mw said…

    Happy and Blue -

    That arch feels like a portal to somewhere. I've walked through it and am still here (wherever that is). Thank you for the comments!

    Johnie Walker - It was a serene and soulful trip. I love the different sense of a place that comes from trying to compose a camera shot. I feel like I 'see' everything three times (or more). Through the camera, through my eyes, and through my soul.

    Hi Iona, thank you for stopping by and commenting. I've been looking at the pictures on your web site and I agree - we have similar styles. Great minds and all that...

    Thanks!
    mw

     

Post a Comment

<< Home