Mystic Writer

Peeking out to see if there is a real world out there...

Monday, March 14, 2005

A roaming we will go



One might well imagine I have fallen off the face of the earth. In fact, from a network sense, I have. My three year old son and I have been roaming the desert southwest for the last several days, hiking and grooving in the twisted rock landscapes.

My intent was to have internet access throughout the trip but it was not meant to be - in retrospect something of a blessing.

My son has a deep soul. We have sat long in silent wilderness and danced in stone grottos singing with our echoes. This is the fatherhood of dreams, he and I sharing a spiritual and physical adventure.

He has hiked on foot for several miles and been backpacked for many more. We have seen wonders. I am exhausted and ready to collapse into bed so I will so share one more picture and say goodnight.

Symbology

4 Comments:

  • At 2:49 AM, Blogger Nicky said…

    How beautiful! Cherish every moment! :-))

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger The Narcissist said…

    Those are awesome pictures. It is so wonderful that you share that with your son. :)

     
  • At 7:14 PM, Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said…

    I didn't even know you had a son with you.
    Cool pictures. Nice that your son gets to share in the adventure.

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Blogger mw said…

    Thank you all - I feel incredibly lucky to have a son that enjoys doing this stuff with me, and I do cherish every moment of my time with him.

    Every day of this trip he awoke me with "Let's go hiking Daddy".

    What an incredible kid!

    It's great to hear from you all.
    Thanks,
    MW

     

Post a Comment

<< Home