Mystic Writer

Peeking out to see if there is a real world out there...

Friday, November 26, 2004

A little dab did me

I'm tired today, stressed from all the thanks I gave yesterday. Presumably this tiredness contributed to the inattention that caused me to pour coffee over the 'Breathe Deep' tea bag happily hanging in my mug.

The inattentiveness lingered long enough for me to set the mug near my right hand while I worked, and during a momentary pause in typing, I reached out and took a huge gulp.

It was appallingly bad. It was toxic. It caused my stomach to gyrate elvis-like. It was so terrible I couldn't believe it. So I took another gulp - not a small one.

Again the lurch, and I finally got what I had done. So, did I immediately stumble to my feet and pitch the puling contents out the window?

No, I set the mug back down, shook my head, and went back to work. And about 20 minutes later, with no thought whatsoever, I took another gulp.

This time I did leap up, burst out the door, and with an elvis-like slash of my arm I sent the t-offee sparkling into the wind.

I hope it evaporates before it kills a duck.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home