Mystic Writer

Peeking out to see if there is a real world out there...

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Junebug



A long time ago, about the time we added 'in a galaxy far far away', my friend Joe and I were out riding bicycles.

We pedaled leaning back, hands off the handlebars, enjoying the warm night and cool breeze. We alternated between talking and singing and as we crested a hill and started heading down we were fully into 'Little Pink Houses'.

Midway down, right at the height of an "Oooh Yeeah", the bug hit. I'm assuming by the way it clogged my throat it was a Junebug. A big Junebug. With claws that dug into the base of my tongue. Really scary little scrabbly claws.

I screamed and veered. Joe screamed and dodged. I rammed my fingers into my mouth and our bikes collided. The three of us hit the curb, and Joe and I flipped from our bikes and rolled down the cool suburban grass. Somewhere in the rolling I stopped feeling the claws.

I still try not to think of where the bug went.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger asyl076 said…

    You know you've painted a great mental image when the only thing a 28 year old woman can say to that is:

    Oh.......
    yucky.

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Lord a mercy. The only good use for a june bug is to tie a string to its leg and let it try to fly away. Good fun.

     
  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger The Mac Fam said…

    EWWWW that is gross.

     
  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger Ang said…

    YUUCCCKKKK!!!!!!

    I so could have done without that image in my mind!

     
  • At 3:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 5:38 AM, Blogger mw said…

    OK, OK. I posted a really nice calming picture on my next post.

    I guess the picture of the R.I.P. junebug probably was a little over the top when coupled with my post.

    Thanks for all the comments!

    mw

     

Post a Comment

<< Home