Mystic Writer

Peeking out to see if there is a real world out there...

Friday, December 03, 2004

Adrift



TB comes home today but I won't see her for a week. I miss her terribly. I wish wishes came true.

I've had several transcendent moments while she has been gone. I've seen...

Two deer silhouettes bounding impossibly high along the black horizon, backs arched and legs parallel to the ground.

The white blade of a shooting star, slashing the winter night.

The three quarter moon in the waves while lying on the beach in 19 degree weather.

Three bald eagles flying in the last gasp of orange sunset.

Snow tufted pines following a ghost lit snow trail, stretching out like promises.

TB is the only person I know who feels transcendent in this way, who finds and becomes love in these moments. I would give anything to package up all the beauty I have seen and all these moments I have felt, and give them whole to her.

I miss her terribly.

I wish wishes came true...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home