Mystic Writer

Peeking out to see if there is a real world out there...

Thursday, December 30, 2004

The party begins

New years eve arrived draped in bright snow sparkling under a frigid white moon. The car engine groaned reluctantly as it turned over, and I peered through the tiny opening in the frost on my windshield. I drove slowly on the snow packed roads and arrived at the party later than I intended.

I styrofoam crunched my way up the walk and opened the door to a blast of warm air and loud music. Jeff and Kirk were seated on the couch getting sloshed and four girls rushed to the door to greet me.

Darla, my friends sister, took my coat and introduced me to the other three girls. I missed the names in my half frozen and music overwhelmed state but figured it probably didn't matter. Darla led me to a cooler and then to her kitchen table. The other girls were already seated and we started playing a drinking game involving cards and shot glasses of tequila.

Jeff and Kirk joined us and I proceeded to lose or maybe win and I downed shot after shot. I thought that I was getting an abnormal amount of attention, but decided it was the tequila. Wish fulfillment is so much easier when I'm toasted.

One of the girls plopped into my lap and kissed me. She was soft and warm and kissed wonderfully and I lost myself in the moment. When I emerged I noticed the game had ended and people were thrashing around in the living room and I concluded maybe they were dancing. It looked fun so we joined in, jumping around until we collided with a couch, then toppling into a tangled embrace.

Dick Clark went off the air and the party started to break up. I closed one eye to reduce the number of people in the room and attempted to see if Jeff or Kirk were still around but everyone still doubled and smeared. I closed both eyes and was watching the colors when I felt a hand on my arm and Darla said “"You'd better sleep here tonight".

She led me to a darkened room and I took off my shirt and shoes, set my beer on the headboard, and dropped into the queen sized bed. Just as the spinning room was whirling me off to sleep, the door opened and the girl I'd been kissing came in "This is the only bed with room for me. Would you mind if I shared it with you?".

I'm guessing I said it was OK because she climbed in and a moment later we were kissing again. Always the class act, I broke for a moment to sip my beer and clumsily dumped it on her shirt. I apologized and she said it didn't matter and that we'd better go to sleep.

I was terribly embarrassed but drunk beyond repair so I kissed her goodnight and rolled on my left side to sleep. I can't sleep any other way and was sorry this put my back towards her, but thought that I had already messed things up so much it probably didn't matter.

I was mostly asleep when I felt her sit up and heard a rustle of fabric. A moment passed and then I felt an arm slip around me, her hand resting on my chest. Her bare breasts pressed into my back but I was too far gone to do anything and I wasn't sure what I wanted, so I just lay there pretending to be asleep. Pretend became reality, and as I passed out I thought I heard her breathe "I'm going to marry you someday...".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home