Mystic Writer

Peeking out to see if there is a real world out there...

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Flight of fantasy

Sometimes, when I'm really happy, I find my arms will rise up and become wings to soar on. They'll do some lazy flaps, and then I'll realize what has happened and I'll let them collapse while I look around nervously to see who has witnessed my fantasy flight.

I love the whole thing, even the embarrassed looking around. I tried to force myself into winging on my lunch today after watching a gull fly low across blue water, but it doesn't work unless it just happens.

The sun is low even at lunchtime, giving the sense of eternal late afternoon. It brought out the red in the reeds at the edge of the lake. The sky away from the sun was dark blue, providing a nice backdrop for the bare black trees, and the bright white gull floating in front of all this was stunning!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home